Polka Dot Wasp Moth
Syntomeida epilais: Taxonomy | Photographs
- Kingdom: Metazoa ((=Animalia) multicellular animals)
- Phylum: Arthropoda (arthropods)
- Class: Insecta (true insects)
- Order: Lepidoptera (butterflies, moths, and their caterpillars)
- Family: Arctiidae (footman moths, tiger moths)
- Genus: Syntomeida
- Species: Syntomeida epilais
- Common Names: Polka Dot Wasp Moth, Polka-dot Wasp Moth, Oleander Moth, Uncle Sam Moth
Click on each picture to display the larger, higher-resolution image.
Syntomeida epilais - Polka dot wasp moth (Syntomeida epilais) feeding on lantana (Lantana camara).
All photographs are copyrighted by their photographers.
Panama City, FL
September 3, 2002
Photo contributed by May Lenzer
Syntomeida epilais - Feeding on purple cone flower (Echinacea sp.)
Eglin Air Force Base, FL
September 15, 2002
Photo contributed by Heather Van Auken
© 2000 - 2007 FloridaNature.org