Organ Pipe Mud Dauber Wasp
Trypoxylon sp.: Taxonomy | Photographs
- Kingdom: Metazoa ((=Animalia) multicellular animals)
- Phylum: Arthropoda (arthropods)
- Class: Insecta (true insects)
- Order: Hymenoptera (ants, bees, wasps)
- Family: Sphecidae (hunter wasps (digger wasps, sand wasps, mud daubers, etc.))
- Genus: Trypoxylon
- Species: Trypoxylon sp.
- Common Names: Organ Pipe Mud Dauber Wasp, Organpipe Mud Dauber Wasp, Organ-pipe Mud Dauber Wasp
Click on each picture to display the larger, higher-resolution image.
Trypoxylon sp. - This wasp nest was created by the Organ Pipe Mud Dauber Wasp (subgenus Trypargilum).
All photographs are copyrighted by their photographers.
Tom Brown Park
October 6, 2001
Photo contributed by Josh Hillman
© 2000 - 2007 FloridaNature.org